OPUS reduced fare - 65 years and over
Are you 65 years and over? If so, you qualify for discounts up to 70% off the regular price on certain fares.To take advantage of that benefit, you must obtain a photo OPUS card.
The photo OPUS card is
- Proof that you qualify for the reduced fare
- Personal and non-transferable: To pay the reduced fare, you must load your transit fares onto this photo OPUS card.
- Registered: This way, your transit fares are automatically protected should the card be lost, damaged or stolen. To learn more.
- Your photo OPUS card is good for a 7-year period. Your card’s expiry date appears on the back of it.
Reduced transit All Modes A fares available to 65 years and over.
- 1-trip, All Modes A, 2-trips, All Modes A, 10-trips, All Modes A, weekly, monthly, and 4-month, All Modes A passes.
- New: subscribe to OPUS à l'année. Benefits, details and conditions.
- If you are an approuved Transport adapté customer 65 and over: you are automatically entitled to pay the reduced fare. You can see the « TA STM RÉDUIT » on your Transport adapté ID card on OPUS.
Transit fare purchase
At any STM point of sale, in the métro from a fare vending machines or a a ticket booth attendant. See conditions for each fare option.
Note: No transit fares are sold at the service centers or at the Photo studio.
Designated OPUS cards for All Modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares
All Modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares in the 1-trip, 2-trip or 10-trip formats
- Regular fare: only available on non-refillable smart cards and designated OPUS cards
- Reduced fare: (6 to 17, 65 and up) only available on designated OPUS cards
You can obtain a designated OPUS card at one of these locations.
This card is not available at authorized retailers or at fare vending machines.
You will receive this new OPUS card free of charge if you show an existing OPUS card registered in your name.
How to obtain or renew a photo OPUS card?
Go to STM Espace client or to the STM Photo studio.
Bring with you:
- Your completed Photo OPUS card application form.
- An identity card with your photo on it (driver’s licence, healthcare card or passport).
- You must make an appointment online before going to the studio photo. Make your appointment here
Cost of the card
Forms of payment accepted
- Photo Studio: cash and debit card (credit cards are not accepted.
- Espaces clients: credit and debit cards only.
From the end of August until early November, students all converge onto the photo studio to get or renew their OPUS card, so wait times are likely to be long. Plan ahead and instead go to the Customer service centre or to a point of service.
Fill out this form, enclose the required documents and send all together to this address:
Studio de photo - Carte Tarif réduit
1717 rue Berri, Local Gc-r400, Montréal, QC H2L 4E9
Note: Processing requests received by mail requires 7 business days.