Everything you need to know about transfers
From the time you first validate your fare card, you have 120 minutes to complete your trip. The validation date and time are stamped on the back of your ticket.
Transfers allow you to go from bus to métro (or vice-versa), or from one bus line to another.
Single-use fares do not allow you to make round-trips or resume your trips once you have left the bus or métro station, even when returning to the same bus or métro route.
Accepted transfers (120 minutes max)
- Between two bus lines, e.g., 80 Avenue du Parc northbound, 161 Van Horne westbound.
- Between three bus lines, e.g., 30 Saint-Denis northbound, 18 Beaubien westbound, 55 Saint-Laurent northbound.
- Bus to métro, e.g., 121 Sauvé/Côte-Vertu, Orange line towards Montmorency, 24 Sherbrooke eastbound.
- Métro to bus, e.g., Yellow line to Berri-UQAM Station, Orange line towards Montmorency, 711 Parc-du-Mont-Royal / Oratoire westbound.
- Bus round-trip, e.g., 45 Papineau northbound, 45 Papineau southbound.
- Métro round-trip, e.g., Green line towards Honoré-Beaugrand, exiting the métro station, Green line towards Angrignon.
- Métro trip interruption, e.g., Orange line towards Côte-Vertu, 51 Édouard-Montpetit westbound, Blue line towards Snowdon.