Sale and distribution of fares
The STM offers businesses the opportunity to become authorized retailers for the sale of fares.
This can be very advantageous. Read the information below to learn about retailer responsibilities and the account opening process.
The STM works with authorized retailers that align with our strategic orientations:
- Improve the customer experience of STM network users
- Promote the use of public transit
- Focus on quality of service and improve customer flow
- Receive a commission on fare sales
- Increase business
- Meet customer needs
- Opportunity for businesses to get accessibility certification*
* At the STM’s request, a subcontractor could visit the business to perform an accessibility evaluation.
- Provide quality service to customers and respect current sales prices
- Monthly payment of sales to the STM by pre-authorized debit
- Maintain an inventory of fare media and materials
- Ensure proper functioning, connection of the sales equipment loaned by the STM
- Inform the STM of any problems or anomalies
- Have an available RJ45 Internet jack or Modem port
- Connection speed of at least 10 Mb/s
- Business completes the online form and submits it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STM reviews applications monthly.
- Decision is made as soon as possible*.
- Contract is signed within ten business days of the STM accepting the application.
- STM visits business to conduct a technical evaluation.
- Subcontractor installs sales equipment.
- STM provides training and delivers fare media and receipt paper rolls for sales equipment.
*Due to the high number of proposals that we receive, we ask that businesses do not contact the STM to enquire about the status of their applications.
The business becomes an authorized retailer!
For questions about the application form, please call us at 514-350-0800 ext. 84647 or email email@example.com.