The 747: 24/7 shuttle service
The 747 shuttle service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, between YUL Montréal-Trudeau airport, métro stations Lionel-Groulx and Berri-UQAM and the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal.
As of January 9, 2023, the departure point of the line to the airport is now located at platform 15, inside the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal, located at 1717 Berri Street, a stone's throw from Berri-UQAM métro station.
Two route options are available to you from the airport:
1. Short route: Terminus Lionel-Groulx métro station
- A single stop at Lionel-Groulx métro station
2. Long route: Terminus Gare d'Autocars de Montréal (Downtown / Berri-UQAM métro station
- 11 stops (including Lionel-Groulx and Berri-UQAM métro stations)
- Stops at hotels on René-Lévesque Boulevard
Where to take it?
At the airport (Eastbound towards downtown)
- The 747 stop is located a few meters from the exit at door 28.
At the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal (Westbound towards the airport)
- The departure point is located inside the bus station, at platform 15.
Consult the list of stops
Stowing luggage and bicycles aboard the 747 bus
The STM complies with Highway Safety Code regulations.The Code stipulates that all luggage / equipment on a bus must be stowed to ensure that:
- Driver can move freely aboard bus and efficiently operate vehicle;
- Passengers have unobstructed access to all exits;
- Passengers are protected against injury from falling or shifting items carried on the bus.
Bicycles are accepted aboard 747 shuttle buses under certain conditions:
- Bike must be stored in a rigid travel case made for shipping;
- Folding bikes are also accepted, but must be placed in a soft carrying case;
- Bikes must be placed on the luggage racks.
Please note that bus drivers may refuse customers travelling with bike case or any other type of luggage to avoid hindering other passengers aboard. Drivers may ask customer to wait for the next bus.
Be advised that two types of buses are used to operate the 747 shuttle.
Size of luggage racks
One type of bus has 1 rack at the back of the bus:
- 152 cm wide, 68 cm deep, and 177 cm high (approx. 5 ft by 2ft by 6 ft)
The other has 3 racks (2 in front and 1 at the back):
- 152 cm wide, 68 cm deep, and 101 cm high (approx. 5 ft by 2 ft by 3.5 ft)
- 121 cm wide, 68 cm deep, and 101 cm high (approx. 4 ft by 2ft by 3.5 ft)
- 121 cm wide, 68 cm deep, and 182 cm hign (approx. 4 ft by 2 ft by 6 ft)
Where to purchase your fare
1. At the YUL Montréal-Trudeau airport
There are four fare vending machines in the international arrivals area. Payment in cash, by debit card or with VISA or MasterCard credit card.
For more information, you may inquire at the STM information counter located in the international arrival area or ask one of the STM representatives near the bus stop outside the airport
2. In the bus
The $11 fare can also be paid in cash with exact change on the bus (no paper bills).
3. Before leaving for the airport, you can also buy your fare:
- In all of our métro stations
- At the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal, at the tcket counter
- At one of 12 designated Agence de mobilité durable parking pay stations, located near line 747 bus stops. There is also a parking pay station located in front of the departure point at the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal.
A ticket purchased from a parking pay station is only valid for a one-way trip to the airport and must be used within two hours of purchase.
- Check Infobus sign at any line 747 bus stop and find one of 12 designated Agence de mobilité durable parking pay stations where you can buy a 747 fare.
- Go to pay station identified by blue P$ sign.
- Enter the numbers 0747 and follow on-screen instructions.
- Take ticket and use it within two hours of purchase.
- Give ticket to driver who, in turn, will hand you a proof of payment valid for a one-way trip. Note that it can not be used for return trip on 747 or to interrupt trip and resume it later on 747.
- Pay station accepts payment for 747 every day, 24 hours a day.
More about fares
accepted on board
747 bus shuttle
Fares sold at the airport
Here are the fares available on the fare vending machines located at the airport:
- 24 hrs, All modes A
- 3-day, All modes A
- Unlimited Weekend
- Weekly and Monthly, All modes A, at regular or reduced fare.
- 4-month, All modes A
- Monthly All modes AB, ABC and ABCD fares.
Fares are not sold on board the buses. However, you can pay for your trip with the exact change.
- All stops on this line are universally accessible. Check your schedule in real time before heading to the bus stop
- A display and public address system is installed in all our buses, allowing you to see and/or hear announcements about upcoming bus stops
- Buses on this route are equipped with an accessibility ramp located at the front entrance of the vehicle
Did you know?
Your driver can lower the floor of the bus to sidewalk level, regardless of whether you use a mobility aid or not. Simply ask before getting on or off the bus.