|Towards Montmorency (zone B)||Towards Côte-Vertu|
After the last métro, you can use the night bus service.
Frequency of departures
From 7am to 9am and from 4pm to 6pm
Morning, day and evening (non-peak)
|Week||Every 3 to 5 minutes||Every 4 to 10 minutes|
|Week-end||Every 6 to 12 minutes|
- Accès St-Urbain, 960, rue St-Urbain, H2Z 1K4 - Elevator access
Around this station
Elevator access to the métro
Plan your trips around elevator accessibility across the network:
- Orange line: possible connection with the Blue line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations, and with the Green line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Green line: possible connection with the Orange line at Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx métro stations.
- Blue line: possible connection with the Orange line at Jean-Talon and Snowdon métro stations.
- Yellow line: no connection possible.
- Berri-UQAM station: only the Orange and Green lines are accessible by elevator.
Visit the Elevator access to the métro page to find all accessible stations
You can check the status of elevator service at any time by going to elevator service updates.
When travelling, you can ask to be accompanied by an STM employee to cross the gap between the platform and the metro car.
How do I get to the special shuttle in case of a métro service interruption?
Use the Green line
To get around downtown between the Berri-UQAM and Lionel-Groulx stations.
If Green line is also disrupted, three stops are available at this station and the signs are easily identifiable since they are orange, the color of the métro line they serve.
- Towards Henri-Bourassa: Bus stop 59308, located on Saint-Antoine, corner Saint-Urbain.
To continue towards Laval métro stations ( Cartier, de la Concorde and Montmorency), between 5:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., the special shuttle service is operated by the Société de transport de Laval (STL) from Henri-Bourassa métro station. From 2 p.m. to the closure of the métro, the special shuttle service is operated by the STM and ends its service at Cartier métro station.
- Towards Côte-Vertu: Bus stop 52850, located on Viger, corner Saint-Antoine.
- Towards Côte-Vertu: Bus stop 54360, located on Viger, corner Chenneville.
This shuttle is not free, the regular fare applies.
It is also possible to check these stops on the neighbourhood map displayed at the entrances of our stations.
Find out more about the station
Number of bicycle stands available outside the station: 14. First come, first served.
Before taking our public transit system with your bike, please read the Bicycles section for more info.
Architect: Janusz Warunkiewicz (City of Montréal).
Opened: October 1966.
Origin of name: place d'Armes, an open area where the city's defenders would assemble, and second location in Montréal to bear that name after today's place Royale.
Did you know? This station served as a terminus for the Orange line from October 1966 to February 1967.
Artwork: glasswork by Adrien Lucca.
Mobile network available at this station
|Local 55 Boulevard Saint-Laurent||South||North|
|Local 129 Côte-Sainte-Catherine||South||North|
|All-night 361 Saint-Denis||North||South|
|All-night 363 Boulevard Saint-Laurent||North||South|
|All-night 365 Avenue du Parc||North||South|