Several awards confirm the STM’s leadership in sustainable development
The STM received the prestigious Les Mercuriades award for its Sustainable development strategy. The award was presented by the Fédération des Chambres de commerce du Québec.
Corporate Knights, a magazine focused on sustainability, has included again this year the STM in a select group of Canadian enterprises that stand out thanks to their exemplary responsible practices. The STM is ranked sixth among the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.
The STM sustainable procurement strategy received a score of 4/5 from the 2020 edition of the Baromètre de l’achat responsable.
Corporate Knights, a magazine focused on sustainability, has included again this year the STM in a select group of Canadian enterprises that stand out thanks to their exemplary responsible practices. The STM is ranked ninth among the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada. The STM is the only passenger transportation enterprise to make the list.
The City Mobility project, led by the STM and Nova Bus, received three awards, two from l’Association québécoise du transport (AQTr) and one from the Canadian Urban Transit Association.
Corporate Knights, a magazine focused on sustainability, ranks the STM ninth among the Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada. The STM is the only passenger transportation enterprise to make the list.
The quality of the work performed by the STM to ensure a reclamation rate of the MR-63 métro cars of at least 85% motivated the jury of the Novae Citizen Enterprise Awards to present it with an award in the “Residual Materials” category.
This project was also finalist at the Gala de reconnaissance en environnement et développement durable de Montréal in the Enterprise and institutions category.
For the third consecutive year, Corporate Knights, a magazine specializing in corporate sustainability, listed the STM among the most responsible mid-size Canadian corporations. STM ranks first in Québec and eleventh in Canada and is the only public transportation company among this select group in Canada.
ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineering) selected the Stinson bus garage as a First Place winner of a Technology award in the Industrial Facilities or Processes-New Category. This award recognizes the outstanding achievement in the design and operation of energy efficient buildings.
The quality of STM’s sustainable development approach received two important awards:
- STM received a special mention for sustainable development from the Association du transport urbain du Québec. This endorsement takes on a special meaning as it does not concern a specific project, but rather the STM’s entire approach to sustainable development.
- Conseil du bâtiment durable du Québec gave the STM the Award of Excellence in the social responsibility of companies and organizations category.
Stinson bus garage received three additional awards:
- Conseil du bâtiment durable du Québec Durabilys awards « Green Roof Award » in the Industrial/commercial category
- Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) Corporate Leadership Awards in the Environment category
- Energia: special mention from the jury
In April, the STM was honoured at the Gala reconnaissance en environnement et développement durable de Montréal. Of the 17 projects submitted in the “businesses and institutions” category, the STM took top honours for its approach to sustainable procurement.
Stinson bus garage:
- Project of the year at Elixir Construction and Engineering Award of Project Management Institute
- Génie-conseil québécois Grand Price/ in the “Bâtiment mécanique-électrique“ category
Prix Novae de l’entreprise citoyenne
- Sustainable procurement: finalist in the procurement category
- Electric light rail motor tractor (locotractor): finalist in the Ecodesign category
STM’s sustainable development approach has been recognized with the awarding of Gold Level Distinction in the “Sustainability Commitment” program by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA). This is the only program of its type in the world for the transportation industry. With this recognition, the STM joins a select group of transportation companies in North America that have achieved this level of excellence in sustainable development.
Prix Novae de l’entreprise citoyenne
- Stinson bus garage: winner in the Sustainable Building category
- Service Point for the Homeless, a joint project between the STM and the Société de développement social de Ville-Marie: winner in the Community Relations/Living Environment category
- Sustainable Development Plan 2020: finalist in the Business Strategy category
Other awards for the Service Point for the Homeless:
- Gold Award in Security (American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- Corporate Leadership Award – Safety and Security category (Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA))