Carifiesta on july 5
Modifications to the STM bus service
Montreal, 3 July 2003 Because of the Carifiesta parade being held in the streets of Montreal, some of the STMs bus routes will be modified on Saturday July 5th, 2003.
As a result, there will be no service at all on both the 15 Sainte-Catherine and 150 Ren�-L�vesque bus lines from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The following bus lines will also be rerouted throughout the day, as indicated.
- 14 Amherst, from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. ;
- 55 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, from 11:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. ;
- 57 Pointe Saint-Charles, from 11:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. ;
- 61 Wellington, from 11:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. ;
- 66 The Boulevard, from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. ;
- 80 Avenue du Parc, from 11:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. ;
- 107 Verdun, from 11:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. ;
- 129 C�te-Sainte-Catherine, from 11:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. ;
- 165 C�te-des-Neiges, from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. ;
- 166 Queen Mary, from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. ;
- 168 Cité-du-Havre, from 11:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bicycles in the métro
The Carifiesta parade and the fireworks display from Italy that evening are expected to generate a significant increase in métro ridership, Consequently, no bicycles will be allowed inside the métro from 11 a.m. till closing.
The STM recommends that métro users purchase their return ticket ahead of time, to avoid waiting in line, as ridership levels are usually much heavier after an event than before.
Transit users are invited to call the TELBUS number featured on their bus stop panel when planning their transportation. For trip information (Montreal Island only), please call A-U-T-O-B-U-S (288-6287). More useful information can be found on the STMs website at www.stm.info.