Montréal, December 23, 2021 – The Société de transport de Montréal (STM) wishes to inform customers that, due to the health situation, some measures will be reinstated to continue reducing the risk of spreading the virus and to ensure the safety of customers and employees travelling on métro and bus networks.
The measures that are reinstated include:
- Bus drivers must resume wearing procedural masks to ensure the safety of all.
- An increase of STM inspectors and special constables in the network to reinforce the feeling of safety among customers and employees.
- The implementation of a two-passenger limit in Transport adapté vehicles to comply with the guidelines issued by public health authorities.
Return of musicians in the métro
As a precaution, the STM had to temporarily suspend singing and playing wind instruments in the métro to comply with public health guidelines.
A series of health measures to ensure safe travel
Since the start of the pandemic, the STM has been proactively following the guidelines issued by public health authorities. In addition to making face coverings mandatory, the STM has implemented a series of health measures to ensure safe trips, such as:
- Real-time occupancy levels on buses and the Orange line.
- More frequent cleaning on buses, métro cars and all visible surfaces in the métro.
- Installation of hand sanitizer dispensers in métro stations.
- New signage on buses and in stations to promote physical distancing.
- Deployment of contactless payment in all métro station fare booths.
The STM will be ready in 2022, just as we have been during the entire pandemic. Despite a decrease in ridership, we will continue to provide efficient services to meet the needs of customers and to promote the mobility of workers who have had to change their travel habits.
- 30 -