Montréal, December 8, 2021 – On December 2, the Montréal agglomeration council ratified the majority of appointments to the STM Board of Directors, and some of the new members are now known.
Newly ratified members
In addition to Éric Alan Caldwell, Councillor and member of the City of Montréal Executive Committee for Hochelaga in the Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve borough, who was appointed Chair of the STM Board of Directors, and Laurence Parent, Borough Councillor for De Lorimier in Le Plateau-Mont-Royal borough, who was appointed Vice-Chair, the new members include:
- Alan DeSousa, Mayor of Saint-Laurent
- Gracia Kasoki Katahwa, Mayor of Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
- Sylvain Ouellet, City of Montréal Councillor for François-Perrault in the Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension borough
The STM would like to congratulate all new members on their appointment and welcome them to the board.
- Georges Bourelle, Mayor of Beaconsfield
- Catherine Morency, independent member
- Claudia Lacroix Perron, representative of public transit customers (member under 35)
Two additional members, representing public transit customers (bus and métro) and Transport adapté customers respectively, will be appointed by the City of Montréal in late January.
The STM would like to thank Philippe Schnobb, Craig Sauvé, Marie Plourde, Francesco Miele and Marie-Andrée Mauger for their work and dedication serving on the Board of Directors.
Upcoming meetings of the Board of Directors
- The next public meeting of the Board will take place this evening at 5:30 p.m.
- The first public meeting of the Board in 2022 will take place on February 2, at 5:30 p.m.
– 30 –