The Société de transport de Montréal (STM) is launching a recruitment campaign aimed at hiring approximately 500 drivers and to replenish its bank of candidates.
Among other reasons, the additional drivers will be needed due to the arrival of 300 new buses, which will increase the fleet by 15% and thus improve bus service.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Secondary V diploma or equivalent. A diploma of vocational studies (DEP) is also accepted.
- Have one year of experience in customer service.
- Have held a Class 5 driver’s licence for at least 36 months.
- Be sufficiently proficient in French.
- Hold a Class 1 or 2 driver’s licence or a Class 5 driver’s licence.
STM drivers earn between $25.72 and $31.65 an hour.
In 2018 and 2019, the STM hired 741 new drivers to meet its operational needs. A total of 3,848 drivers are employed by the STM.
To apply: https://www.stmemplois.com/