Where to buy transit fares
Inside STM installations
You can buy your transit fares from:
Fare vending machines
- Payment in cash (maximum $80) and by debit and credit cards are all accepted;
- New: You can buy an OPUS card from these vending machines for $6.
- Only for recharging OPUS cards;
- Only debit and credit card payments are accepted.
The ticket booth attendant
- With cash only.
- Transit fare cards are not sold aboard buses.
- OPUS card and fares are non-refundable.
Only smart credit and debit cards will be accepted by fare vending machines and recharging terminals.
If the chip in your bank card is damaged, please use another smart bank card for your transaction.
At P.-E.-Trudeau International Airport
Transit fares sold by vending machines :
* Transit fare only sold on reusable OPUS card, available from these vending machines for $6.
Please note: OPUS card and fares are non-refundable.
When you purchase transit fares, keep your receipt.
It serves as your proof of purchase and will be required to claim a tax credit. We highly recommend that you photocopy your receipts, as some vending machines use a thermal ink that fades over time, making the receipt unusable.
From authorized retailers
You can purchase transit fare cards from points of sale located in various boroughs and municipalities in the greater Montréal area. Use the drop-down menu to find one near you.
Please note: Reduced fares can only be purchased and charged on a Photo ID OPUS card.
Using a cell phone? Look up the optimized version for mobile devices.
Or refer to the complete list of retailers, available in a web-accessible adapted format.
- 1-day pass (24h - from 1st use)
- 3-day pass (consecutive days - from 1st use to 11:59 p.m. of 3rd day)
- Unlimited Weekend pass (from Friday 4 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m.)
- Weekly* pass (Monday to Sunday)
- Monthly* pass (from 1st to last day of the month)