More about the 747 Aéroport P.-E.-Trudeau / Centre-ville shuttle
The 747 shuttle service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, between Montréal-Trudeau airport and Berri-UQAM métro station. Travel times range from 45 to 75 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. To shorten your travel time, we suggest you catch the bus at Lionel-Groulx métro station.
For more information about the shuttle route, timetable and hotels nearby:
Planibus timetable for 747 Aéroport P. E.-Trudeau/Centre-ville shuttle (PDF 1,06 Mo)
Since June 20, the bus stop inside Gare d’autocars de Montréal has been moved.
Instead, use either one of these two stops:
- Corner of Berri and Ontario (facing Gare d’autocars)
- Corner of Berri and Sainte-Catherine (Berri-UQAM station, Berri exit)
Locations of all other bus stops are unchanged.
Service with coach buses
Starting August 29, a number of departures will use coach buses. This change in service should last about four months. Coach buses will be gradually removed from shuttle service once new city buses are delivered.
Customers with limited mobility or using a wheelchair
- The interior layout of coach buses is different from city buses. Passengers must climb six steps to reach their seat.
- Coach buses are not equipped with an access ramp.
Read the Accessibility section for more information about available options.
More information about coach buses
- Coach buses feature the same exterior colours as STM city buses and travel along the same route as the usual shuttle buses.
- Bulky luggage will be loaded in the baggage compartment with the driver's help. You can still board the bus with your carry-on luggage.
- Coach buses are not equipped with a bell to request a stop. When you board the bus, inform the driver of your destination stop.
The cost of a ticket is $10. In turn, it offers you unlimited transit use on STM's bus and métro networks for 24 consecutive hours.
The following fares are also accepted on the 747 at no additional cost: Monthly or weekly regular or reduced passes, 4-month pass, Unlimited Weekend, 1- and 3-day passes, and monthly TRAM passes zones 1 to 8.
The $10 fare can also be paid in cash with exact change on the bus.
Only coins are accepted (no bank bills).
NEW! Tickets available through Stationnement de Montréal pay stations
Customers who want to go from downtown to the airport but who don't have $10 in coins, or the proper fare card, can now purchase a ticket for the 747 shuttle bus from one of ten Stationnement de Montréal pay stations.
Keep in mind: A ticket purchased from a Stationnement de Montréal pay station is only valid for a one-way trip to the airport and must be used within two hours of purchase.
- The ticket purchased at a Stationnement de Montréal pay station is only valid for the westbound 747 (to airport).
- Only those pay stations located near westbound 747 bus stops sell tickets for the 747 bus (see map).
- The ticket purchased at a Stationnement de Montréal pay station is only valid for boarding at stops marked on map below.
EASY AS 1-2-3
- Identify the nearest participating Stationnement de Montréal pay station on neighbourhood map posted at bus stop (or see map below).
- Go to pay station identified by blue P$ sign.
- Enter the numbers 0747 and follow on-screen instructions.
- Take ticket and use it within two hours of purchase.
- Give ticket to driver who, in turn, will hand you a proof of payment. This proof of payment is also valid for two hours on the bus and métro network. Note that it can NOT be used for return trip on 747 or to interrupt trip and resume it later on 747.
- Pay station accepts payment for 747 every day, 24 hours a day.
Info: 514 868-3737
Grey dots show location of participating Stationnement de Montréal pay stations.
Before leaving for the airport, buy your fare:
- In métro stations
- At the Tourist Welcome Office in Old Montréal
- At Montreal-Trudeau airport
Purchasing transit fares at the airport:
Points of sale
Fare vending machines are in the international arrivals area. Payment in cash, by debit card or with VISA or MasterCard credit cards.
Fare products for sale
- 1-day pass
- 3-day pass
- Unlimited Weekend (valid from 4 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday)
- Weekly pass (valid Monday to Sunday until 11:59 p.m.)
- Monthly pass
For more information, you may inquire at the STM information counter located in the international arrival area or ask one of the STM representatives near the bus stop outside the airport
Bikes are welcome aboard
Bicycles are accepted aboard the 747 shuttle under certain conditions:
- position the handlebars to the side
- remove the pedals
- reduce tire pressure
- store the bike in a rigid travel case made for shipping
Folding bikes are also accepted. However, Montréal-Trudeau airport authorities require that folding bikes be stored in a case.
During peak periods, bus drivers may refuse customers travelling with bike case to avoid hindering other passengers aboard. Drivers may ask customer to wait for the next bus.