The bus, the métro, the whole family!
Reduced fares for children
- * Free at all times for children underf 6 accompanied by an adult with a valid transit fare
- Children 6 to 11
- Youths 12 and up
Travelling with young children
When travelling with young children, plan ahead to ensure a safe and pleasant trip.
In the métro
- Don't cross the round, coloured tiles, the orange line, or the yellow textured edge tiles until the train comes to a full stop
- Allow other passengers to exit the train before boarding
- Have your children board the métro car one at a time, without shoving
- Ask your children to hold on to a support pole if there are no available seats. Don't let them sit on the floor.
- Prepare your children to disembark one stop ahead of time
On the bus
- While waiting for the bus, stand away from the curb
- On the bus, ask your children to hold on to a support pole if there are no available seats. Don't let them sit on the floor
- Remind them to NEVER put their head or limbs outside the windows
Travelling with a stroller
Plan your trip ahead of time
- On the bus or in the métro, use an umbrella stroller. Lightweight and practical, they take up little room and are easy to fold and unfold with one hand
- You might also consider other options such as baby carriers
- A small backpack used as a diaper bag can simplify your journey
- Check schedules for lines served by low-floor buses (see Using public transit in a wheelchair)
- Avoid rush hours by travelling between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
In the métro
- At turnstyles, use the gates reserved for wheelchairs and strollers
- Seven métro stations on the orange line are accessible by elevator
On the bus
- Aboard low-floor buses, you have priority access to the reserved area if it is not already occupied by someone in a wheelchair
- You must always board the bus via the front door, but we suggest you exit via the back door.
STM Family Outings
Enjoy discounts exclusive to STM customers!
- Our partners offer substantial discounts on activities for the whole family.
- Check ahead with STM partners for eligible dates and times.
Children 11 and under travel free
Up to five children 11 and under travel free when accompanied by an adult with a valid fare card.
Offer is valid from 6 p.m. on Friday to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday and on legal holidays. The program is also valid during the school holiday from June 22 to September 2, 2013.
This offer is not valid aboard the 747 shuttle serving Montréal -Trudeau Airport.