COVID-19: Performances in the métro are suspended.
Notice to the artists, musicians and signers who brighten up our trips.
In an effort to follow the physical distancing measures and reduce the risk of spreading COVOD-19, performances in the métro are suspended until further notice.
The curtain is closing on the métro's stage, as it has on many other festive Montréal performances. For now, let's stay home, sing from our balconies and practice our tunes so that we can get back together as soon as possible.
Musicians in the métro
The STM has more than 50 free locations on their network available to musicians.
These locations are indicated with wall plaques depicting a lyre.
Who can play in the metro? How to go about it?
Any musician or singer, whether amateur or professional, may perform in a site identified by a lyre, in the métro.
This stands as long as the performer complies with the regulations of the STM and behaves appropriately and respectfully with other clients of the network.
First come, first served.
Sites identified by a lyre are free and available without reservation.
Therefore, musicians share the performance hours in the designated sites under a first-come first-served system.
Musicians wishing to perform on the STM network must comply with the By-law on the standards of safety and conduct to be observed by persons in the rolling stock and buildings operated by or for the Société de transport de Montréal (R-036) of the Act Respecting Public Transit Authorities.
Furthermore, we recommend the following behaviours are adopted to ensure performances are carried out smoothly:
- Do not obstruct areas of high traffic.
- Maintain a respectable level of sound.
- Perform under the lyre sign plaque.
- The sale of CDs, DVDs, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- The use of designated spaces under lyre plaques for personal or corporate promotions is officially prohibited.
- Respect temporary closures of designated lyre spaces (based on STM events, days of exceptional traffic, etc.) and work zones.
- Have a valid fare pass when the lyre is located in a pay zone (inside the turnstiles).
- Follow the requests of STM employees at all times.
At the top of the escalator
January to June 2020
*Dates are subject to change