Corporate policies for Calls to tender, Contract management and code of ethics
Notice to suppliers
The STM is always open to considering new business opportunities with its suppliers.
However, we must remind you that directly soliciting STM employees in the workplace is strictly prohibited.
Should you wish to inform us of a product or service, we ask that you proceed as follows:
A member of the procurement staff will review all proposals received and forward the information to the right people. You will be contacted only if your services are needed.
Thank you for your cooperation!
- STM corporate policy for public calls to tender (French only)
- STM corporate policy for contract management (French only)
- STM code of ethics
Authorization to contract from the Autorité des Marchés Publics
The threshold for public service contracts and subcontracts for which all companies must obtain prior authorization to contract is $1 million. For construction contracts and subcontracts, the threshold is $5 million. The calculation of the applicable thresholds includes the amount
of the expenditure that would be incurred if all renewal options were exercised.
For more information, visit the AMP’s website.
List of public calls to tender and list of awarded contracts
Public calls to tenderCheck the STM’s list of public calls to tender for:
A list of all contracts awarded by the STM is available (in French only) at seao.ca
Complaints related to public contracts
Further to the coming-into-force of the Act respecting the Autorité des marchés publics (CQLR, chapter A‑33.2.1), a person interested in participating in the tendering, enterprise qualification or goods certification process may file a complaint with the Vérificateur général (auditor general) of the STM.
The interested person must show the intention and capability to carry out the contract.
To be admissible, a complaint must:
- have to do with a contract contemplated by the Act respecting the Autorité des marchés publics;
- have to do with the content of call for tenders documents available in the Quebec government’s electronic call for tenders system (SEAO);
- be based on the fact that the conditions of the public call for tenders:
- do not ensure the honest and fair treatment of tenderers;
- do not allow tenderers to compete although they are qualified to meet the stated procurement requirements; or
- are otherwise not compliant with the STM’s normative framework.
In addition, interested persons may express their interest in entering into a contract with the STM further to the publication in SEAO of a notice of intention to enter into a contract by mutual agreement with a sole-source supplier, if the value is equal to or above the threshold of a public call for tenders. Such persons must express their interest to the Vérificateur général of the STM and show that they are capable of carrying out the contract according to the requirements and obligations stated in the notice of intention.
You must follow the instructions set out in the Traitement des plaintes lors d’adjudication ou d’attribution d’un contrat (processing of complaints during the tendering or awarding of a contract) procedure (in French)
Are you one of our suppliers?
The following information covers invoices and payment method.
With the exception of payments in foreign currency, payment is ensured by electronic transfer of funds to suppliers, who must first fill out the « Electronic transfer of funds form » to that end. This is the fastest, most reliable method of payment for both parties. For suppliers in the United States, payment is by cheque. For all other countries, international electronic transfers apply.
- If discount is not offered by supplier, standard term for payment – 30 days net – will apply.
- Supplier cannot claim payment for any delivered goods or rendered services that were not specifically requested and authorized through an official STM purchase order.
IMPORTANT : If applicable, and unless otherwise indicated in STM contract documents (public tenders, forward contracts, etc.), invoices must comply with these terms :
Format of invoice
Payment of any amounts due will be approved upon presentation of an invoice along with all supporting documents required by the STM. All invoices must clearly show:
- Invoice number (each invoice has a distinct number);
- Date of invoice;
- Amounts billed (with and without taxes);
- Applicable taxes (Québec sales tax (QST) and tax on goods and services (GST) shown separately;
- QST and GST identification numbers;
- Purchase order number: SEVEN (7) digits starting with ONE (1) (1XXXXXX) or the TEN (10) digit number starting with FORTY-FIVE (45) (45XXXXXXXX) previously supplier by STM;
- STM code, manufacturer number, distributor number (if applicable) and a description of goods delivered and/or services rendered ;
- Payment terms must be clearly indicated on all invoices. If supplier offer a discount, it must be granted for a minimum TEN (10) DAY period.
The STM reserves the right to reject any invoice that does not comply with the above requirements. Any invoice containing erroneous percentage rates and/or calculations can also be refused and returned to the supplier, for correction(s).
Email delivery instructions for supplier invoices
For environmental concerns and to accelerate the invoice payment
process, we highly recommend our suppliers to send their invoices by
Please make sur to include the following information on your invoice:
- The STM order number: this number consists of either a seven digit number beginning with 1 (1XXXXXX) or a ten digit number beginning with 45 (45XXXXXXXX).
- Your invoice number.
- The date of your invoice.
- The applicable taxes and registration number must be shown on separate lines.
- The total amount due.
- A brief description of the items delivered or services provided.
For professional service invoices: please send your invoice directly to the buyer. The buyer’s email address can be found on the STM order.
For purchase invoices: please send your invoice to email@example.com
IMPORTANT: This address is used for receiving invoices and statements only. No message included in the email will be answered. Should you need to contact us for any questions or inquiries, please make sure to use the accounts payable email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important requirements and conditions
What you need to know:
- All purchase invoices must be sent to the following email address email@example.com.
- Invoices must be sent as a PDF attachment (must not be found within the email text box).
- Only PDF attachments will be accepted and processed (no other format allowed, no zip file, Word or Excel document allowed).
- An email may include several attachments (one invoice per attachment).
- While an invoice may contain several pages, an attachment may not contain more than one invoice.
- A supplier who sends his invoice or statement by email agrees to provide, at the STM’s request, the original paper copy of the said invoice or statement. These must remain available upon request for a period of seven years from the invoice date or within three years of the contract termination date, whichever is the latest date.
IMPORTANT: If your contract stipulates that a paper or electronic copy of your invoice be sent to another STM representative, you must carry on with this delivery and comply with the above requirements.
- No confirmation (acknowledgement of receipt) will be sent.
- If the content of your email does not comply with the above conditions (for instance, several invoices were combined in a single attachment), your payment request will not be processed and no other email will be sent to you to notify you of this.
- Please do not return any invoices that were already sent. If needed, we will contact you to obtain a copy.
- By sending an invoice to this email address, your company agrees to comply with the above conditions.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate do contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.