Attending board meetings
No meeting in August 2018 and January 2019
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Meetings begin at 5:30 p.m.
Anyone wishing to ask a question
of the board must register 15 minutes before the meeting starts.
Meetings are held at the STM head office:
Société de transport de Montréal
800 De La Gauchetière Street West
Place Bonaventure, North-East entrance
8th floor, Suite 8200, Montréal
Corner of De La Gauchetière and Robert-Bourassa Streets
Bonaventure metro station
61 - Wellington, 107 - Verdun, 168 - Cité-du-Havre
During each board meeting, a period is set aside for people wishing to ask questions of board members. Question period is held at the start of the meeting and lasts about one hour, unless the board decides to extend it.
Speak to the board secretary fifteen minutes before the meeting begins. You will find that person near the entrance to the room.
You must provide the following information:
- Your name and address
- The subject of your question and the name of the organization you represent, if applicable
- Speak directly to the chair
- Begin by stating your name and the name of the organization you represent, if applicable.
- You may ask just one question until all others present have had a chance to ask their questions
- The chair will allow you to follow up with a maximum of two related questions
- You must limit your questions to the subject you gave to the board secretary when registering
- The chair of the board announces the beginning of question period
- The chair grants the right to speak to each person in the order in which their name appears on the list
- The chair ensures that the question period does not lead to a debate, either among board members or between a board member and another person
- The chair may withdraw the right to speak from any person who does not respect the rules of the board or the rules that generally apply to such meetings
To ensure the smooth running of the meeting, a few basic rules must be followed:
- Questions must refer to subjects of public interest that fall within the purview of the Société de transport de Montréal, its board of directors, or its chief executive officer.
- One may not ask questions that:
- are preceded by long, pointless introductions
- contain hypotheses, opinions, deductions, suggestions, or accusations
- concern matters pending before a court or under investigation
- that contain abusive language