EN ROUTE TO REAL TIME
iBUS is on its way! Our buses will soon be equipped with an intelligent system that will simplify your life. This system will monitor the movements of all buses in real time so you know exactly what time your bus will arrive and if any service disruptions will affect you. Service status data will also be available on various information platforms. The chosen solution - a powerful, scalable, high-tech system - has been tested in other major cities, including York, Vancouver, Dubaï, Oslo, Stockholm, Seattle, New York, and Munich.
Buses will be gradually outfitted with the system throughout 2015 and 2016.
In June 2015, this passenger information terminal was installed at the corner of Henri-Bourassa and Lacordaire boulevards to conduct technical testing.
KEEP IN MIND THAT...
Signed in fall 2012 with the German firm INIT Innovations in Transportation (Eastern Canada) Inc., the contract covers the purchase and implementation of a passenger information and operational support system, including new radio infrastructure and radio equipment for the entire fleet of vehicles.
TO KEEP YOU BETTER INFORMED
Among the tools that will keep our customers better informed are the following:
- 26 passenger information terminals at some bus stops and 64 in as many métro station entryways
- Visual display and audio message devices aboard buses
- An app for the visually impaired
- Real-time information on all existing platforms (smart phone apps, SMS, Web and mobile Web, interactive voice response (IVR))
SOME OF THE MANY BENEFITS
iBUS will allow us to:
- Improve the quality of service
- Improve punctuality through real-time management of the bus fleet
- Increase service speed in express and reserved lanes with transit priority signal
- Ensure better coordination with the métro and commuter train systems
- Improve customer and driver safety
- Reduce crowding on board buses
- Keep you better informed, continuously and in real time, about the exact arrival times of buses and service disruptions at stops, on bus lines, or in the transit system
- Broadcast messages allowing you to optimize your bus rides
- Announce stops visually and verbally on buses
Another step toward improved universal access.
Come back often to follow our progress en route to real time