iBUS: benefits for all
iBUS will keep you updated with the latest information at all time. Adjustments to our bus schedules in real time will help you make the best decisions while you are on the road. Several information tools will also be at your disposal, from bus timetables on our mobile site, to our apps for smart phones, along with passenger information terminals.
You will be informed of any service disruptions and other events likely to impact you on your way. Riding the bus will become a much better experience.
Improved punctuality and regularity of bus service
More precise customer information before trip and while on the move
Better communication about transit system accessibility
Greater distribution of bus capacity
Greater safety aboard buses thanks to geolocation
Unified view of transit system
Integration of bus priority system at traffic lights
Another step toward improved universal access
iBUS: gradual deployment
- Visual display screens and audio message devices aboard each bus
- 26 passenger information terminals at the busiest bus stops and in 64 métro station entryways. These terminals will be activated, one by one, and give you the departure time of the next bus.
- Real-time information including schedules on all existing platforms: smart phone apps, SMS, Web and mobile Web, interactive voice response (IVR)
In 2017, tests will take place on the new information terminals
located inside these métro stations:
- Pie iX
- De l'Église
- Du Collège
- De Castelnau
and the terminals located on :
- Boul. Lacordaire at the corner of Henri-Bourassa
- Jean-Talon at the corner of de Chateaubriand
- Beaumont at the corner of L'Acadie
- Chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges at the corner of Barclay
- Lakeshore at Cegep/College John Abott
- Fairview bus terminal
- Boul. Henri-Bourassa at the corner of Saint-Michel
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of Jarry
- Boul. Saint-Michel iat the corner of Beaubien
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of de Louvain
- Boul. Saint-Michel at the corner of Émile-Journault
- Bloomfield at the corner of Jarry Ouest
- De Liège at the corner of De l'Épée
- Dunkirk at the corner of Cornwall
- Sherbrooke at the corner of Benny
Information displayed on the terminals:
- Arrival times of next buses
- Display of departures in planned times (example: 14h22)
- DIsplay of departures in real time (example: in 8 min.)
- Status of traffic congestion of next buses
These intermittent tests will make it possible to check the accuracy of information and performance by data transmission system. We will also make a survey with the customers.
You have comments to improve the quality of information? Text us at 514 613-5655
You can hear and see the next stops announced inside all our buses since the end on January, 2017.
- The installation and the activation of equipment
- The installation of a new generation of digital radio-communication
- The outfitting of a new operational centre for the entire bus network
Testing was underway on the 32 Lacordaire and 144 Avenue des Pins bus lines in December 2015, during which upcoming stops were announced inside the bus. These tests served to verify the sound quality, accuracy of information and performance of the data transmission system. Transit users took part in these test by texting us their comments. Here are a few:
« The display screen is brillant: I never worry about missing my stop »
« A great idea to announce bus stops this way. It allows us to know where we are and it's all looks quite futuristic »
« I really appreciated the bus stop identification, both visual and audio, especially because it's a new bus route for me »
In June 2015, this passenger information terminal was installed at the corner of Henri-Bourassa and Lacordaire boulevards to conduct technical testing.
The solution chosen by the STM - a powerful, scalable, high-tech system - has been tested in other major cities, including York, Vancouver, Dubaï, Oslo, Stockholm, Seattle, New York, and Munich. Signed in fall 2012 with the German firm INIT Innovations in Transportation (Eastern Canada) Inc., the contract covers the purchase and implementation of a passenger information and operational support system, including new radio infrastructure and radio equipment for the entire fleet of vehicles.
Come back often to keep track of progress with iBUS!