Métro access and modifications to some bus routes
during Un tour la nuit and Tour de l’île de Montréal
Montréal, June 2, 2010 – As a partner to the Montréal Bike Fest, Société de transport de Montréal (STM) wishes to inform its clients that they can take their bicycle in the métro during the Un tour la nuit and Tour de l’île de Montréal events next June 4 and 6. To facilitate the access to the departure point for these two events, the STM has identified entrance and exit stations on each métro line. However, the STM reminds its clients that:
- No bicycles can enter the métro elsewhere than designated entrance stations;
- The maximum number of bicycles per train in 16 and only in the lead car;
- Persons carrying a bicycle cannot transfer from one métro line to another;
- Only regular bicycles can enter the métro system (no tandems, tricycles, or child trailers, etc.)
- Riding a bicycle, using a foot scooter or a skateboard, and wearing rollerblades inside a métro station or aboard a bus is forbidden at all times.