The next buses to make the switch will be those from the Frontenac and Saint-Denis bus garages
Montréal, July 16, 2020 – The Société de transport de Montréal (STM) would like to remind customers that the gradual return to front-door boarding and fare validation on buses will continue on July 20, on 41 bus lines serving downtown Montréal.
Transport adapté and the 212 bus line have already begun front-door boarding. The next buses to make the switch will be those from the Frontenac and Saint-Denis bus garages. These vehicles are now equipped with protective screens for their drivers and signage to direct customer flow into the back of the bus. Customers on these lines will now board at the front and exit at the back, remaining behind the black and yellow line at all times to maintain a two-metre distance from the driver.
In addition to the hygiene rules recommended by public health authorities, the STM would like to remind you of the following important precautions:
- Wear a face covering as this is mandatory on all public transit
- Keep hand sanitizer and a spare face covering with you at all times
- Obtain a valid transit fare in advance to avoid waiting in line with other customers
- Avoid trips during rush hour whenever possible
- Avoid eating and drinking while on public transit
- When planning your trips, check the real-time bus schedules showing your bus’s location on the map
- Stay home if you think you may have COVID-19
We have made these adjustments to ensure our customer flow is as smooth as possible and allow our drivers to maintain a safe two-metre distance to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Buses from the Mont-Royal, Legendre, Anjou, Stinson, Lasalle and Saint-Laurent garages will return to front-door boarding and fare validation by late July to early August.
You can find practical information on lockdown-lifting measures throughout the STM network at www.stm.info/coronavius.
- 30 –