Vendôme project: access for all!
The public consultation is over. You can consult the Commission report and the STM action plan by clicking on the link below.
The project consists in installing a new entrance building to Vendôme métro station, as well as a new corridor for pedestrians, linking the new entryway with Vendôme commuter train station, McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and with boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest. In all, five elevators will make it easier for you to navigate inside the intermodal hub and reach the MUHC.
- Corporate policy – French only
- Presentation - February, 21
- Transcript of February 21, 2017 public information session (French only)
- Plans of the Vendôme station project
- Capacity and dimensions of elevators
- Addition information on bus line 77
March 8, Forum for voicing comments and opinions documents
- Transcript of March 8 2017 - Forum for voicing comments and opinions
- Comments or opinions received by email
- Conseil régional de l’environnement de Montréal brief (French)
- ASSOCIATION VILLAGE VENDÔME brief
- Comité des usagers du CUSM brief (French)
- Transport 2000 Québec brief (French)
- Anton W Dubrau brief
- Concertation Interquartier brief
To carry out the Vendôme project and, more specifically, build a new entryway to the station, the STM must seek to obtain a by-law by Montréal’s Agglomeration Council enacting the urban planning rules the STM must abide by to perform the work.
To obtain this by-law, the STM must first conduct a public consultation, in accordance with its corporate policy PC 1.14 Politique de consultation publique-réseau du métro (public consultations – métro system).
- STM’s board of directors is initiating the consultation process by setting up a Commission.
- Sitting on this Commission are a chairman and two commissioners chosen from outside the STM and mandated by the STM board.
- Citizens are informed through various communication channels, including the STM website, newspapers, signage on targeted worksites, as well as the distribution of an invitation in residential mailboxes.
- The Commission will be holding:
- A public information session presenting the project, followed by a question period
- Forum for voicing comments and opinions
- Afterwards, commissioners will table their report with the STM along with their recommendations. The Commission’s work will end with tabled report.