Free Arcade Fire Performance, September 22 at Place des Festivals The City, the POP Montréal International Music Festival and Evenko invite people attending the concert to plan their transit route
Montréal, September 16, 2011 – In anticipation of the free concert given next September 22 by Arcade Fire at Place des Festivals, in the Quartier des spectacles, the City of Montréal and event producers, POP Montréal International Music Festival in collaboration with Evenko, invite everyone attending the concert to map out their transit route and consider the following directives:
Items that can or cannot be brought on site during the concert
A complete list of items that can or cannot be brought to the concert site is available at this website : www.evenko.ca.
Traffic and parking
Please note that the following streets will be closed for the concert:
From Saturday, September 17 at 6:30 AM to Sunday, September 25 at 5 PM
- De Maisonneuve Boulevard will be closed between Jeanne-Mance and Bleury streets;
- Jeanne-Mance Street will be closed between De Maisonneuve and René-Lévesque boulevards;
- Balmoral street will be closed between De Maisonneuve Boulevard and Sainte-Catherine Street ;
- Mayor Street will be closed between Bleury and Balmoral streets;
Bicycle path: From Saturday, September 17 to Sunday, September 25, inclusive :
- The De Maisonneuve bicycle path will be closed, with a detour via Bleury Street, Président-Kennedy Avenue and Jeanne-Mance Street.
From Monday, September 19 at 7:30 AM to Sunday, September 25 at 5 PM
- Sainte-Catherine Street will be closed between Bleury and Saint-Urbain streets
From Thursday, September 22 at 6 AM to Friday, September 25 at 5 PM
- De Maisonneuve Boulevard will be closed between Saint-Laurent Boulevard and Jeanne-Mance Street;
- Ontario Street / Président-Kennedy Avenue will be closed between Saint-Laurent Boulevard and Bleury Street;
- Saint-Urbain Street between Sherbrooke Street and René-Lévesque Boulevard;
- Clark Street between Sherbrooke Street and René-Lévesque Boulevard;
- Jeanne-Mance Street between De Maisonneuve Boulevard and Sherbrooke Street;
- Sainte-Catherine Street between Saint-Urbain Street and Saint-Laurent Boulevard;
- De Montigny Street between Clark and Saint-Urbain streets.
Place-des-Arts, UQAM and Complexe Desjardins parking lots are open to the public.
The STM encourages Arcade Fire fans to take public transportation. Montrealers can take the métro to Place-des-Arts station (Green line) or Place-d’Armes (Orange line), both of which are only a few minutes’ walk from the event. To handle the expected crowds, the metro will run more frequently after rush hour. Due to heavy traffic, bicycles will not be allowed on the metro, from 3 PM to midnight.
Furthermore, detours will be in effect for the 15 – Sainte-Catherine, 80 – Du Parc, 125 – Ontario, 129 – Côte-Sainte-Catherine and 535 – Du Parc/Côte-des-Neiges buses. The terminal of the 80 bus, normally at Place-des Arts station (on Président-Kennedy Avenue) will move to Saint-Laurent and De Maisonneuve boulevards (near Saint-Laurent metro) from 6:30 PM until the end of service.
The STM takes this opportunity to invite its customers to avoid line-ups by purchasing their fare card for the return trip in advance. For more details, go to the STM website at www.stm.info.
For more information about the POP Montréal International Music Festival event, we invite you to go online at www.popmontreal.com.
Enjoy the show !
– 30 –