Nuit blanche with the STM The métro will remain open and it’s a first for transport adapté service!
Nuit blanche with the STM
The métro will remain open and
it’s a first for transport adapté service!
Montréal, February 25, 2010 – The Société de transport de Montréal (STM), once again a partner in the MONTREAL HIGH LIGHTS Festival’s Nuit blanche to be held on the night of February 27-28, wishes to remind its clients that the métro will remain open on this occasion and Transport adapté (TA) will provide night service. THE MÉTRO WILL REMAIN OPEN ALL NIGHT ON THIS OCCASION In order to encourage the thousands of festival-goers participating in the numerous activities at Nuit blanche to take public transit, métro service on this occasion will be offered throughout the night of February 27-28 to all those holding a valid transit fare. NIGHT SERVICE FOR TRANSPORT ADAPTÉ This special service will provide transportation to the following junction points of the various Nuit blanche circuits, upon presentation of a valid transit fare:
- for the Old Montreal and Old Port circuit: corner of Saint-Laurent and de la Commune in Old Montréal
- for the Plateau Mont-Royal and Mile-End circuit: Plateau Mont-Royal’s Maison de la culture
- for the Quartier des spectacles and Downtown circuit: Complexe Desjardins, corner of Jeanne-Mance and René-Lévesque
- for the Pôle Maisonneuve: Botanical Garden and the Biodôme
Keep in mind that the STM offers a night-time bus service that, when combined with the all-night operation of the métro, will result in a unique service offer on the night of February 27-28 for those presenting a valid transit fare. For the times and routes of the night-time buses, clients should visit the STM’s Internet site (www.stm.info), which also contains plenty of other useful information. STM SHUTTLES AT THE HEART OF THE FESTIVAL
The STM is pleased to be able to lease its buses to the MONTREAL HIGH LIGHTS Festival at a special rate for the sixth consecutive year. This will enable organizers to provide festival-goers with a shuttle service between the various sites offering cultural presentations and other activities. ACTIVITIES IN THE MÉTRO Karaoke Opera (Place-des-Arts station)
- Be a diva for an evening or a night! Karaoke Opera, a Karaoke version of beautiful operatic arias, exclusively at Nuit Blanche. Come and participate with friends. A presentation of Opéra de Montréal in collaboration with the STM, La chaîne karaoké and Place des Arts.
Art exhibition in the métro (Underground Art)The STM, in collaboration with Art Souterrain, is proud to present:
- Échelle humaine, by Manon Pauw at the McGill station
- L’enclos by François Morelli, Viol de la culture by Damian Siqueiros at the Square Victoria station
- Métamorphose métallique, by Yacine Mseffar at the Place-d’Armes station
- Totem Hôtel by Normand Hamel at the Bonaventure station
- War and love by Guillaume Lachance, Vieux jeux by Sandra Lachance at the Place-des-Arts station