St. Catherine Street Santa Claus Parade
Modifications to STM bus routes
Montréal, November 20, 2008 –The Société de transport de Montréal is advising transit users that some bus routes will be modified between 4 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to accommodate the Santa Claus Parade being held Saturday, November 22, along St. Catherine Street.
The following bus routes will be deviated as indicated:
- 15 – Sainte-Catherine, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.;
- 55 – Saint-Laurent, from 9:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- 57 – Pointe-Saint-Charles, from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- 61 – Wellington, 107 – Verdun, and 168 – Cité-du-Havre, from 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
- 66 – The Boulevard, 165 – Côte-des-Neiges and 166 – Queen-Mary, from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
- 80 – Av. du Parc and 129 – Côte-Sainte-Catherine, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The STM is inviting everyone attending the parade to use the métro. As crowds are usually larger after such an event, the STM also recommends that transit users purchase their return fare in advance.
When planning their transportation to this event, clients should call A-U-T O-B-U-S (514 288 6287) for bus schedules at their stop. For travel directions, please call STM●INFO (514 786-4636). More useful transit information can be found on the STM website at www.stm.info
The STM takes this opportunity to remind transit users that its new Family Outings programme will start next December 6. Thanks to the programme, an adult presenting a transit fare valid within the STM’s network can travel with up to five children under the age of 12, at no extra cost on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
– 30 –