In spite of the COVID-19 crisis, the Société de transport de Montréal (STM) is still looking to hire some 200 bus drivers to replenish its bank of candidates.
The campaign entitled “Change up your route—become a bus driver” is intended to attract more candidates who already hold a Class 1 or 2 driver’s licence, such as truck drivers or other heavy vehicle drivers.
The first phase of the driver recruitment campaign took place this past winter, allowing the STM to receive 4,000 candidates.
In 2018 and 2019, the STM hired 741 new drivers to meet its operational needs. Since the beginning of the year, 155 more have been hired for a total of 3,871 drivers currently employed by the STM.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Secondary V diploma or equivalent. A diploma of vocational studies (DEP) is also accepted.
- Have one year of experience in customer service.
- Have held a Class 5 driver’s licence for at least 36 months.
- Be sufficiently proficient in French.
- Hold a Class 1 or 2 driver’s licence or a Class 5 driver’s licence.
For more details about the hiring process, visit stm.info/chauffeur