Luggage items and special equipment
Luggage and bags of groceries can quickly clog up a vehicle. In the event of a sharp stop, cumbersome bags and packages can injure you or compromise the safety of other people aboard.
During your trip, you will very likely be riding with one or more other paratransit users. Even if there is room for your bags in the trunk when you board the vehicle, someone who uses a mobility aid may get on at the next stop, and it is important to have sufficient space aboard the vehicle. Your driver has to keep this in mind, and that is why he or she may refuse to take you where you want to go if you have bags or packages that you are unable to carry yourself.
Luggage and shopping bags
For safety reasons, luggage and shopping bags are allowed only under the following conditions:
- you can carry them yourself
- they do not take up additional space in the vehicle
- they are securely stored or held
The driver may refuse to take you if you have items you cannot carry yourself.
Exceptions for specific destinations
We will carry luggage in accessible taxis only and only if you are travelling to one of the following destinations:
- Montréal-Trudeau Airport
- Gare Centrale (train): 895 De La Gauchetière West
- Gare Via Rail (Dorval): 755 Blvd. Montréal-Toronto, Dorval
- Station centrale d’autobus de Montréal (Terminus voyageur): 1717 Berri Street, Montréal
- Camp de jour Papillon: 7275 Sherbrooke Street East, poteaux 24-25
- Terminus Mégabus (across from main entrance) : 997 Saint-Antoine West, Montréal
- Alexandra Pier of the Gare Maritime, 0 rue Caillière, Montréal
You must indicate that you have luggage that needs to be carried when reserving your trip.
Transporting a second wheelchair
If the required space is available, a second wheelchair may be transported. You must mention this when making the reservation.