Montréal 375th anniversary
Bus and métro: your best bet to attend festivities
Public transit is your best option for travelling to any of the many activities for Montréal’s 375th anniversary. Your trips will be made easier with service levels adjusted to major events that will attract thousands.
May 17 to September 2
- Multimedia show in the Old Port
Starting May 17
- A work of illumination for Jacques-Cartier Bridge
Under the Stars
- La Bohème, opera simulcast at Percival-Molson Stadium
L’Occasionnelle chip card takes on a festive air
STM’s L’Occasionnelle fare card is sporting the official colours for Montréal’s 375th anniversary to highlight STM's participation in these celebrations. You can purchase L’Occasionnelle at all the usual points of sale.
Read the section for tourists and those wishing to rediscover their city, riding aboard public transit of course!
Trip planning tools to get there easily
The "Your trip" tool in the Getting around section of our website will show you which bus lines or métro stations to use to reach your destination.
Just enter your departure point and destination addresses to get directions!
Avoid line-ups during snowstorms by purchasing your fare in advance.
- You can go to one of many authorized retailers to purchase the fare you want.
- You can pay cash aboard the bus, but make sure you have the exact change for the $3.25 fare.
- You can go to the nearest métro station and purchase your fare from either:
- The fare booth attendant
- One of the automated fare vending machines
Transit fare cards are not sold on the bus.
The fares you buy are loaded on different fare media. Click on each one to see how to use it.
Keep your fare card with you :
Hold on to your fare card until the end of your trip, because once it is validated, it serves as your proof of payment. Otherwise, you could be fined a minimum of $150 plus fees.
If you have limited mobility or use a wheelchair, please read the section about network accessibility on our website.