Métro projects underway
To learn more about what we’re doing to keep our network in top condition, visit our Infrastructure maintenance page.
Bus projects underway
- Integrated Pie-IX BRT Project • Fall 2018 to fall 2022
- Sauvé / Côte-Vertu BRT • April 2019 to fall 2020
- Rebuilding Complexe Crémazie • June 2017 to 2021
- Bellechasse bus garage • Spring 2019 to 2022
- Expansion of three existing bus garages • Summer 2019 to summer 2021
Can’t find the project you're looking for? Take a look at our Major projects section, where you'll find details on our major projects and more general ones.
Did you know that...
When a construction site requires the use of explosives near the métro network, a procedure to check structural integrity is systematically used.
First, a seismograph records measurements taken inside the tunnels on a continuous basis. Then, after every detonation, inspectors specialized in structural engineering walk through to carefully inspect the tunnel walls.
This means that service interruptions lasting a few minutes are required for the inspectors to complete their work and ensure the network’s longevity and overall safety.
Thankfully, these preventive measures usually take place during off-peak hours and are conducted over very short periods of time.