Network improvements in 2019
Check out improvements to your network happening in early 2019
- 174 Côte-Vertu Ouest
- Shared taxibus - Côte-Vertu Ouest
- Shared taxibus - Île-Bizard
174 Côte-Vertu Ouest
From January 7, 2019, service on the 174 line will offer adjusted departures to accommodate the beginning and end of work shifts of businesses on Côte-Vertu Ouest Boulevard, west of Highway 40.
Service enhancements will include:
- Westbound: +8 departures between 6 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., +3 departures between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Eastbound: +3 departures between 6 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., +10 departures between 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.
See full schedule
Follow your bus in real time on our information tools.
Shared taxibus - Côte-Vertu Ouest
From January 5, 2019, the Côte-Vertu Ouest shared taxibus service will be enhanced on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. The service provides a link between Côte-Vertu métro station and the bus stops located in the Côte-Vertu Ouest industrial area.
The service will be offered in both directions, 6:15 a.m. to 12:05 a.m.
- Westbound: Service every 30 minutes, starting at 6:15 a.m. until the last departure at 11:45 p.m.
- Eastbound: Service every 30 minutes, starting at 6:45 a.m. until the last departure at 12 :05 a.m.
NEW! You can now make a reservation online (in French only)
Shared Taxibus - Île-Bizard
From January 5, 2019, an enhanced shared taxibus service will be offered in the Île-Bizard sector. In addition to the normal uninterrupted service from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., you will benefit from a new service on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
NEW: Saturday and Sunday (including public holidays)
- 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., service is offered between taxibus stops and the terminus for the 207.
- 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., the service is offered between taxibus stops and the Complexe sportif Saint-Raphaël, located at 750 Jacques-Bizard Boulevard.
NEW! You can now make a reservation online (in French).
OUR INTENTIONS IN 2019
The STM has a clear vision: excellence in mobility. We have put you at the centre of our priorities, with improvements to service and to your customer experience. Here’s how.
- A new record in the offer of métro service thanks to a 2.2% increase compared to last year
- From March 2019, the STM will provide a maximum off-peak service frequency of 5 minutes during the week on the Orange and Green lines and reduce the intervals between morning peak-period trains on the same lines.
- The total offer of métro service will be 90.1 million kilometres, up 1.9 million kilometres.
- A 1.6% increase in the offer of bus service.
- The bus service is enhanced in certain targeted sectors, and travel time is increased by 83,000 hours of extra service, bringing the total number of service hours to 5.3 million.
- 244,000 extra trips to reach a total of 4.4 million trips, a 5.9% increase compared to the 2018 Budget.
Other customer experience improvement measures
- Delivery of 125 air-conditioned hybrid buses in 2019 to replace buses at the end of their service life
- Elevators operational in Jean-Drapeau and Jean-Talon (Blue line) stations
- Installation of 264 bus shelters, bringing the total of new bus shelters to 1,595 (including 120 digital ones)
- Continued roll-out of the mobile telephone network, with nine newly connected stations on the Green line (eastwards), bringing the total number of connected stations to 59.