Bike racks on buses
From April 15 to November 15, the STM encourages you to add biking to your transportation cocktail by making use of the bike racks on the following bus lines:
- 34 Sainte-Catherine
- 94 D'Iberville
- 140 Fleury
- 146 Christophe-Colomb / Meilleur
- 180 De Salaberry
- 185 Sherbrooke
- 715 Vieux-Montréal / Vieux-Port
- 769 La Ronde
Loading your bicycle onto the rack
When the bus arrives, inform the driver that you want to use the bicycle rack. If someone else wants to remove their bike from the rack, wait for them to finish before loading yours.
- If the bike rack is in the closed position, hold your bicycle with one hand and, with the other, pull the handle upward to release the latch, then lower the rack.
- Lift your bicycle and place the wheels in the wheel slots. The first bicycle should be loaded in the space closest to the bus.
- Raise the support arm over the front tire as high as it will go without touching the bicycle’s frame or fender.
Removing your bike from the rack
- Before reaching your destination, inform the driver that you need to remove your bicycle from the rack.
- Raise the support arm and return it to the horizontal position.
- Lift your bicycle and remove it from the rack.
- If the rack is empty, fold it up until it locks into place.
- Move away from the bus and signal to the driver that the path is clear.