A gift bag of tips for the Holidays
Ride the bus and métro during the holidays
For any and all occasions, you can always count on one of our 4000 designated drivers, so you can celebrate without a care!
5 tips for terrific transit rides
Nothing simpler and safer than getting around the city with public transit. For your evening office parties or for your holiday shopping, leave the car at home and head out without a care!
Below are a few tips to help make your rides easier:
- Check out the status of transit service. If your mobility is impaired or if you get around in a wheelchair, read our section on transit accessibility.
- Carefully plan your route and, depending on weather conditions, allow more time to reach your destination. If you do not know which bus lines serve your neighbourhood, use the trip planning tool Maps and enter your address.
- Look up the next departure times for your bus line: 5 ways for viewing bus schedules.
- Make the most of all-night service -- it's the best way to get around when the métro is closed for the night. Look up the map of 23 night bus lines to see the routes taken by night-time buses. Travelling alone in the evening or at night? Take advantage of our Between Stops service.
- Buy your transit fare in advance at any one of some 300 points of sale or through OPUS en ligne. And until December 31, 2017, get a $3 discount on the purchase of an OPUS card reader. Not sure which fare card to buy? Learn more about all fare products here. And if you are spending your vacation with family, don't forget about our special offers with Family Outings, that allows your little ones to ride transit with you for free at given times. See all details here.
You took your car to go out and now realize you are no longer in shape to drive? Public transit is one good answer, but you can also rely on getting a safe ride home in Montréal, thanks to Operation Red Nose.
The service is offered from December 1 to 31, except for December 3, 4 and 5 when the ride service is unavailable. Requesting a ride home is as easy as can be: just call 514 256-2510 or *NEZ (*639) for TELUS customers. Check out the Operation Red Nose in Montréal website or their Facebook page for more information.