The Société de transport de Montréal (STM), in cooperation with the disabled community, the Office des personnes handicapées du Québec (OPHQ), the
Régie régionale de la santé et des services sociaux de Montréal-Centre and the Montréal rehabilitation centres for the visually or intellectually disabled, is giving you the opportunity to obtain a
Carte d’accompagnement, or transit pass for a personal aide, free of charge.
Who is the STM’s personal aide pass for ?
The Carte d’accompagnement is for persons with an intellectual or visual disability, whose functional limitations make it necessary for them to be accompanied when using the regular transit network, including:
The Carte d’accompagnement gives free access to the person helping you in the bus and métro network. However, the disabled transit user must pay his or her fare.
It should be noted that clients admitted to the STM’s Transport adapté (paratransit service) do not need to obtain a personal aide pass, as their Transport adapté card allows them to be accompanied when using transit.
The Carte d’accompagnement, or personal aide pass, is not accepted by
How to request a Carte d’accompagnement ?
To obtain a transit pass for your personal aide, simply fill out sections 1 and 2 of the correct form and send it along with a recent photograph of yourself to one of the rehabilitation centres listed on the form.
If you are not registered with any one of these centres, or if you do not make use of their services, include a copy of a diagnostic report certifying your visual or intellectual disability when sending in your request form.
A professional from that rehabilitation centre will fill out section 3 of the form and forward it to the STM, who will process your request, issue a card and mail it to you.
Is there a fee for this card ?
No, an STM personal aide pass is issued free of charge. This way, the STM hopes to make its bus and métro network more easy to use by persons with limited mobility.
What are your obligations ?
As the holder of an STM personal aide pass, you must abide by the following conditions:
- Difficulties with temporal awareness;
- Difficulties with spatial awareness;
- Difficulties related to personal safety.
show the Carte d’accompagnement
when paying your fare;
inform the STM of any change in address;
inform the STM as quickly as possible of a lost, stolen or damaged card;
not let someone else use the card;
return the card to the STM as quickly as possible if it is not being used.
For more information
To obtain a request form, contact:
a) Your rehabilitation centre:
b) Your CLSC
For additional information, contact:
- Centre de réadaptation de l'Ouest de Montréal (514) 761- 5571
- Centre de réadaptation Gabrielle-Major (514) 259-3199
- Centre de réadaptation Lisette-Dupras (514) 364-2280
- Centre Miriam (514) 345-0210
- Institut Nazareth et Louis-Braille (450) 463-1710
- Centre de réadaptation MAB-Mackay
- Services de réadaptation l'Intégrale (514) 327-9933
- Office des personnes handicapées du Québec (OPHQ) at 514 873-3905
- Regroupement des usagers du Transport adapté (RUTA) at 514 255-0765
- Société de transport de Montréal (STM) at 514 280-8211